The Huawei MediaPad T1 10.0 features a large IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display with a beautiful 1280 x 800 resolution for viewing all your favourite content. The beautiful aluminum unibody is only 8.3 mm thin and weighs 433 grams for a device that’s not only gorgeous, but effortless to carry around.
We’re also not fans of the cheap, ugly plastic strips that run up the back and sides of the device. Besides feeling worryingly brittle, they give away the MediaPad T1 10 as a lower-end device when the thin bezels and nice metallic trim might otherwise have passed it off as something more premium.
- Display: 9.6″ touch-sensitive screen, 1280 x 800 pixels
- Memory: 8 GB HDD, 1GB RAM
- Camera: 5MP Rear, 2 MP Front
- OS: Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- CPU: Quad-core 1.2GHz
- Connectivity: Cellular + Wi-Fi
As for ports, our WiFi-only test model included a standard microUSB port and a microSD slot. A micro SIM port was also present, but filled in and unusable. Presumably it’s open on the 4G model. In any case, even this limited number should be adequate for an entertainment-focused tablet like the Media T1 10.
1280×800 would be a decent resolution on a smartphone, but on a 9.6in tablet it looks quite aged and the pixel density of just 150ppi means that text, films and images can all lack definition. To be fair, we did get used to the resolution when watching videos, but small text, such as on certain webpages, is where the effect is most apparent.
Colours are much better, with plenty of vibrancy for a £155 device. Reds and oranges are particularly vivid, so at least the screen is bold even if it isn’t very sharp.
The flipside is that it’s difficult to appreciate those colours when using the tablet under any kind of bright light. The glass screen is incredibly reflective, to the point of being unusable in direct sunlight even on full brightness.
All the Speed you Need
A powerful 1.2 GHz quad core Qualcomm integrated processor gives the MediaPad T1 its dexterity. So whether it’s watching HD movies or working on presentations or playing games, you have a machine that can do it all. With the latest, most advanced technology like dual Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz/5 GHz and LTE 4G Cat4, you can enjoy a super fast online experience with download speeds up to 150 Mbps.
SmartPower 2.0, Huawei’s power-saving technology, intelligently works with the longer-lasting battery. And when we say long, we mean it. Over 570 hours of standby time, 12 hours of video playback, and 6.5 hours of web browsing.
- Display Size: 9.6 inch touch-sensitive screen
- Resolution: HD 1280 x 800 resolution
- 16M colors
- Qualcomm MSM8916
- Quad-core 1.2GHz
- Android™ 4.4.4 KitKat / Huawei Emotion UI 3.0
- RAM: 1 GB
- HDD: 8 GB
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, Micro USB 2.0
- Ambient light sensor
- Rear Camera: 5MP AF F2.2, with Flash
- Front Camera: 2MP FF
- Audio Codec: AAC, AMR-WB, AMR-NB, EVRC, QCELP, PCM
- Audio File Format: *.mp3, *.mid, *.amr, *.3gp, *.mp4, *.m4a, *.wav,*.ogg
- Video Codec: H.264,MPEG-4,H.263,VP8
- Video File Format: *.3gp, *.mp4, *.m4a, *.wmv
- Image Codec: PNG, GIF (Static only), JPEG, BMP
- Image File Format: *.png, *.gif (Static only), *.jpeg, *.bmp
- 3.5mm headset
- Capacity: 4800mAh